Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednsday April 18

The day started out well today... I thought we might be able to skip the plasma-exchange with some extra rest and ultra positive thinking.

I spent the morning with my kiddos and the wonderfully helpful folks. We started out returning the infamous blood pressure cuff to CVS- I swear that thing caused my blood pressure to skyrocket while providing me with no information what-so-ever, other than the repeating message, "error 3". Then we headed to lunch and brought the monsters home for a nice little nap.

I was so happy to be able to get out for a bit- I went and had my frizzy prednisone hair highlighted and cut to a very flattering shape around my poochie prednisone cheeks :) Remember that show, "third rock from the sun"? That is me- I am the big giant head. Incoming message from the big giant head... "steroids can make you nuts!!!" Just kidding. Kind of. This course is actually going much better than the others. I have a good attitude and I am really so hopeful that the blood pressure is from the prednisone, not the cyclosporin. This one is going to be it, folks. It is going to work.

It was wonderful to spend some time on me for a change- me that didn't include a hospital and drugs. And the haircut looks great! I will have to figure out how to post photos next.

About mid-way through my hair appointment, I realized that I was having more than just a bit of trouble talking. It was getting a bit hard to catch my breath. That is the point of no return for me, so I headed home and called down to Boston. I am going in tomorrow for a little tune-up. Keep your fingers crossed that one plasma-exchange will get me back on my way to health! If not, I will get a few more, and buy myself some more time until the increase in the cyclosporin kicks in.

Also, please keep Jason in your thoughts and prayers in his mission bringing home injured soldiers this week. Love and miss you Big!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,
I'm sure your hair looks great! All your hair-cuts always do. Best of luck with your treatment. I hope all it takes is one. We will keep you in our prayers. You are an amazing person and a great Mom. Keep smiling and please know we are here for you for anything you need.
lots of love, ellen