Monday, May 21, 2007

Still Hanging in there


It has now been 3 weeks since my last plasma exchange, and I am still feeling strong, despite having had a terrible cold and dealing with poor Thomas. Our little man had 3 molars break through and battled a 104 temp and an ear infection. All this following the little guy giving up his beloved binkie the weekend before. It was a trying week, to say the least. I went a full 8 days without a full night's sleep- and yet, I am still asymptomatic. This is excellent news!!! It really looks as though the cyclosporin is going to do the trick. The only side effect that is troublesome thus far is the tingling in my hands and feet. It is a little like having frostbite. I can absolutely live with that.


I am still coming down off of the steroids- never fast enough for me, but coming off them all the same. I am very tired of hating my face. After having been sooo thin, I can deal with the body changes, but it really drives me nuts to look in the mirror and not look like myself. Whatever. I won't dwell on that. Even I am tired of hearing me talk about it. I am posting a picture of last weekend- Note the skinny legs and big ol' head. LOL. Someday I will be back to my normal proportions.

No comments: