Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thanks for the prayers

Thank you all once again for including me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. I had chemo on Friday, and it went as well as I could have asked for. I was a little down going into it, to be quite honest. Having had a little set back and needing to go in for an unplanned IVIg was a real downer. It is all a matter of perspective, though, and I just had to take a second to think about what kind of shape I would have been in last year if the same circumstances had occurred. I don't need to go into what happened. Really it was no big deal, other than being a blow to my spirit.



Friday morning I got ready to go in to the hospital for my chemo, and I was really feeling like just calling it off. Not that I could or would ever do that. I just didn't even feel like putting on my superman shirt and going in for yet another treatment and I had a few doubts that it was even going to do anything other than make me sick for days. I even mentioned to Jason in the morning that I was having a hard time facing the chemo. Most of you know me and know that I rarely get in a zone like this where I am not telling everyone, "oh, don't worry, I will be fine". I have been in ICU telling people not to worry about me that I am fine. LOL And the thing is, I always truly believe that I am going to be/ am getting well.

At just about 11:10, I suddenly started feeling my normal positive self. I believe that all your good thoughts hit me right about the same time. On top of all that, my wonderful husband showed up half way through with a big bouquet of daisies for me. Does it get better than that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your site/blog since Feb. I too have MG and have been considering the Cytoxan protocol. NOt sure I am there yet. I hae an unpredictable course of MG - relatively problem free - normal life, run long distance etc, but out of the blue severe crisis with vent etc. Not a course of life I hope to consider long term. I also think the drugs are not the long term way to live. I have done it all - IVIG, plasmapheresis, steroids, cellcept etc. I am convinced I will be cured.
I am encouraged by reading your blog. I am sure chemo is a tough course - I am an RN so very familiar with medical treatment options. I hope you continue to feel better and the chemo course works for you. I have kept you in my thoughts/prayers for the past several months, and will continue to do so.

claire said...

Evy, I hope you are doing well. Did you go forward with the cytoxan? You are in my prayers.