Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Celebration and Concern

                                                              November 11, 1995
 
I was browsing in a local store the other day when I came across a wooden sign that said, "All this because two people fell in love...."


Jason and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last Thursday!!!  We had a wonderful night out in Portsmouth, thanks to my parents, who came down to stay over with the kiddos.  (They also had a wonderful night... at Chuck E Cheese!!!)  It has been a great 15 years, and it only gets better.  I am blessed to be married to such a kind, funny, sweet man.  I can't remember a day that has gone by that we haven't been able to make each other laugh.  Thanks for being my best friend, Big. 

Today I am sitting here waiting to have fasted long enough to go have my blood drawn.  We are checking for all the regular stuff... cholesterol, Vit D, etc.  Unfortunately, I also have to have a full liver panel, which has me scared.  As many of you might remember, about a year and a half ago, there were concerns about my liver failing-  I had a liver biopsy scheduled, but thankfully, as the date drew near, my liver functions went back to almost normal.  It was concluded that what looked like a major problem with my liver had been caused by IVIg.  Once we stopped that, everything settled down and we were able to stop worrying.  I think my mood for the past few days show that I haven't actually stopped worrying. 

The blood work that I am going for today is just for follow-up purposes.  I am sure it will all come out fine (I will find out on Thursday).  Believing that it will all be okay is all well and good, but there is that awful nagging feeling in the back of my head that is always waiting for something terrible to happen because of all the drugs that we have pumped into my body over the last 16 and a half years. 

It amazes me how much relief I get from just writing about these things.  I am so happy to be writing again... I can't believe how much I missed it.  If you are interested, I am also writing just about every day about Memories, Motherhood, Military and Medicine (and anything else that comes to mind) at
http://blog.rememberedvoices.com/

I am honored that so many loved ones (and some strangers!) care enough to read what I have to say.  Again, all my thanks to those of you who follow my progress, pray for me and think good thoughts.  God Bless you all. 

No comments: