Sunday, September 16, 2007

On Hold

I have just read over my last entry. Kind of intense. Oh well. Living like this with all the ups and downs gets pretty intense at times.

I am feeling a lot better. I have just completed the last of 5 plasma exchanges, and I should be 100%, but that isn't the case. Dr. Gorson and I are disappointed that the treatments didn't have the magical effect they usually do. We are going to give it a few days to see how I do. If I still am having a tough time next week, we will do more exchanges. Right now, we need to give my arms a break. My red blood cell count is also really low, and I am severely anemic, so we need to give my body a chance to regenerate, and let the iron pills do their work.

So for now, I am just laying low and hanging out with the kids. I have started the new dose of cyclosporin, and other than being nauseous and having a constant headache, the side effects aren't bothering me too much. I am hoping that this feeling like I am hungover all the time will improve as my body adjusts to the higher dose. Gorson really thinks this is going to work- and if not, we still have cytoxan as an option. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: