Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Flexiblility

Jason and I define flexible. We have to. Things are always changing around here. I don't just mean like I moved the ottoman, either. My last blog entry was last Tuesday, and I was feeling pretty good, other than some trouble chewing and swallowing. By Tuesday night I was feeling anything but good. It happens so fast that I go from basically okay to grabbing for air. Luckily Jason was here with me. I sent Katherine to go tell him to grab the Mestinon, and she says, "oh, Mommy, are you sick? Are you feeling myasthenic?". Pretty big word for a little girl who isn't even 5 yet. It was an odd feeling. I was sad and proud all at once. I really am so proud of my family. The kids and Jason and our parents and siblings are so giving- it is a blessing.

So I did end up getting my breath after a little while, but went in for IVIg on Wendsday and Friday. In retrospect, I should have gone in on Monday as well, but I was concerned that an extra treatment would mess up my WBC count too much and they wouldn't give me the chemo this Friday. It is a delicate balance. Don't worry... I am not taking any chances. But by evening, I am pretty exhausted. If I don't go to bed by 8:30, then I get a second wind and end up with a racing mind. Just ask my parents. lol

I have sent out an email to some of you asking to keep me in your thoughts and do a visualization for me and with me tomorrow, Friday. This past Monday I went to a wonderful woman, Lori, who lead me through a guided imagery of me eradicating this disease- finally being completely well. It was an awesome experience, and I am really enjoying working on it as often as I can. My cousin MaryClare started me down this path, and I am very grateful. If MC were here in NH, she would be my go-to gal for polarity and relaxation! Check out her website (listed on the left side of the blog).

No comments: