Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another Chemo

Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow around 11:30. I am scheduled for another chemo treatment, but my blood counts have been so low, that I am not sure if they are going to go forward with it. I must be one of the only people in the world praying to GET chemotherapy. I just want to get all this over with and start back on a normal path. So please wrap me in that blue blanket of love and picture me healthy and well, laughing and running around with the kids and Jason. I have copied the letter from earlier treatments to the bottom of this blog entry for those of you who might need some guidance.



The new me... looks an awful lot like the college me!


In other breaking news: As you can see in the above photo, I finally broke down and bought a wig. The decision was a tough one, but having it is giving me the confidence to go forward and shave my head. I know this sounds wild, but I just want to take charge of SOMETHING... and the hair is falling all over me. Looking at me, you would never know (at least not yet) that I am getting balder every day. I am guessing this is because I started off with like 3 times the hair that normal people have thanks to the cyclosporin growing hair on the top of my head and all over my body. I just can't stand the feeling of hair falling all over me all the time. Waking up with it on my pillow, seeing it on the bathroom floor. This morning I found a bunch of hair in my breakfast. I think that might be my breaking point. LOL As long as I keep a hat on, it is okay- but if I am going to keep a hat on all the time anyway, I might as well get it over with.



Having a hard time keeping my scarves and hats away from Kate the fashionista.


Yup, they are superheros, too!




Dear Friend/Family Member,


You have been chosen by Claire to be part of her support team for her treatment on April 18th. What an honor! Claire's treatment is scheduled for 11:30 am. That means about a half an hour to an hour before, around 11 am, we will all begin a very powerful prayer as follows:
Let your mind go back to a time when you felt a lot of love for Claire. Replay that scene in your mind until you feel the love strongly.


When you feel connected to Claire, as if you were right next to her, wrap her in a sky blue blanket of love for 30 minutes, starting at 11 am. The key to projecting an emotion, for it to be really "felt" by Claire, is to feel strongly connected to her while you send it. It¹s similar to being in love, feeling bonded to the person even when you are not together. It is a linking together, having a sense of connectedness that allows the emotion to be felt. Letting your mind go back to a time you felt a lot of love creates a bonded sensation, enveloping her in peace and love.


After the half hour, you can continue this intermittently throughout the process, so Claire feels the presence of the Presence throughout her treatment. So, Claire, the "forces" are with you, both seen and unseen. God bless you. Love and blessings to all!


Once again, thank you all for your support. Love to you all. Claire






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying hard with all of those who love you! (You look amazing!) Hang in there... there will be a rainbow for you!!

Jess said...

Damn, girl, you look SMOKIN' with that wig on!!! woooooohooooooo baby! Looks terrific, you made a good choice....I'll be thinking of you!
Love you!!!!!

annie said...

Claire,
What can I say...everything happens for a reason! You are one of my living angels that has come to me! I have only known you for a few hours and I feel like I have known you forever! Ant support I can give you let me know! I am right here for you! It's nice to see your positive smiling face! hang in there!
Ann