Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Katherine's Feis

Life goes on. No matter what I have going on with my health, I am still my kid's mom. That is my first and most important priority, along with being my husband's wife and being true to myself :) A fairly difficult task, even for superwoman. Most days I manage to juggle it all pretty well.

Katherine has been taking Irish Step Dancing at a local studio, and she just loves it. The other weekend was a big thing for her- her first Feis (Irish Gaelic: a traditional Gaelic arts and culture festival). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feis
She got to watch many of the older students dance, and then she had her turn. It was amazing, (Mommy says with pride). All the kids got up there and danced their hearts out. I have never been to a Feis before, and I was surprised to see that each student took a turn and danced all alone up there! All the kids in Kate's class did a great job.

At the end, medals were awarded- Kate got 2 gold medals!!! (okay, so all the pre-beginners did too, but STILL!) We were so proud of her. The next day she woke up and said, "You know what Mommy? I have a secret. I was a little nervous before I started to dance yesterday. Then once I started, it was so much fun! Did you hear everyone clap for me?". She was very brave, and it was pretty hard to tell that she was even a bit scared. These are the things that keep life real and fun for us.



Pre-Performance Jitters


Kate's turn!



Look at those feet go!!!

Watching all this dancing wiped Tom out!


Kate's moment in the sun :)




Post-Performance Confidence.
(Nannie is holding the medals- Kate loves them, but doesn't like the way they feel on her neck :)

No comments: