Monday, December 31, 2007

Living


One of my good friends commented that she thinks I should be writing more about the LIVING aspects of my life, rather than just the disease. I have been thinking very much along the same lines. Unfortunately, the MG and all the drugs and treatments and side effects have taken over our lives. It has crossed my mind several times that once we are through the chemo and I am well, I won't have anything to talk about anymore. One of my wonderful nurses said that I have much more to talk about than I might think. lol I am pretty sure that is a comment on my being a blabbermouth when I am being infused.


The thing is, being on hold and not knowing if the anemia was another huge health problem has really tapped my energy. Just sucked a lot of my ability to think positively right out of my body. I was filling out some paper work the other day, and it asked occupation. All I could think of was "professional patient/ sick person". Now I know this sounds like sour grapes. Seriously. I try not to complain. I hate to be like that. I don't want to worry anyone.


We are facing a big hurdle here, and doing our very best to stay on top of things. It is daunting to look at my calendar for the next month. There isn't a week without at least 2 doctor's appointments or treatments. We will get through this, and I am going to be well. Life is going to be so different after this treatment. Believe it or not, I am actually kind of excited to be going ahead with the chemo. I have been waiting and praying to be healthy for so long- I just know this is going to do it and I can't wait to get started. In just a week or so we will have the answer from Dr. Buff if/when I will get going on this.


On the home front, the kids and Jason and I are starting to see the light after being sick since Christmas Day. I'll tell you, if there is anytime to have an entire family sick, right after Christmas when you have a house full of new toys is a good time to do it. Right now the kids are putting away the new trains and setting up a ball for all the barbies. Katherine is a lovely Sleeping Beauty, and Thomas has a very interesting fur collar and fuzzy hat on over his Lightening McQueen pajamas. Katherine has informed me that if I am not formally dressed I will be thrown out of the ball. I suppose I better go put on some fancy attire, so my children don't kick me out into the snow.


Have a safe and Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,
I just was popping onto your "Online Diary" checking things out. I miss you soooo much and I hope you know that we are all thinking about you guys.
Lots of Love
Hollyann

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link