Monday, January 28, 2008

And Away We Go

One more picture of me with all my hair!


On my way to my first chemo treatment. That is right... I told you, I am super woman.


An Appropriate Email

I don't usually forward on emails- but this was too perfect not to share with everyone!

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, Looked in the mirror, And noticed she had only three hairs on her head.Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today?" So she did And She Had A Wonderful Day.

The next day she woke up, Looked in the mirror And saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "H-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today?" So she did And She Had A Grand Day.

The next day she woke up, Looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did And She Had A Fun, Fun Day.

The next day she woke up, Looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEA!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"


Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, For everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously,Care deeply,Speak kindly.......Leave the rest to God Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.



The Last Few Days

I am feeling much better than I had expected to. That isn't to say that I feel like running a marathon or anything, but better than I had expected. I'll tell you, zofran is expensive as heck, but so worth it. Zofran is the most wonderful drug ever created by the way- anti-nausea. I have used it before with my IVIg, and I am so glad that they gave me a prescription to come home with after the chemo. That combined with the compazine made for a very sleepy weekend, but really kept the yucky feelings at bay. The biggest side effect I have had so far is that I am very, very tired. Thankfully, Jason, his Grandma Meme, sister Jules and her boyfriend, Colin, were here to help out with the kids. Does it really take 4 adults to replace one Mommy? Not really, but it makes me feel good to be so needed and missed.

No comments: