Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blessings




378.79 miles. 6 hours and 52 minutes. Moving hours away from friends and family who have always been minutes away. Total relocation and new beginning knowing no one but me, my kids, Jason and his family. 1 month, so far, postponement of trip to Colorado. Hours and hours of blissful skiing in the snow capped Rocky Mountains. These are just a few of the sacrifices my parents have made to be close to me. How could I not feel blessed to have such insanely giving and caring and fun parents? They have literally dropped everything and changed their lives so that my family and I could have better ones. By all appearances, they are really enjoying their new lives. I am so grateful for that. They deserve happiness, all the happiness in the world. Thank you Mommy and Daddy. For all that you do for all of us everyday.


I realize that so many of you keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We have been blessed by your gifts of prayers, and by the many of you who have given your time to help with the kids, cooking, or just listening to me or Jason on the phone or in person. We are surrounded by such wonderful people. Family and friends are everything to us. Jason's family brought me into theirs as one of their own way back 14 years ago. They, like my family, are all caring and giving far beyond what I could have ever imagined. Jules is one of my dearest, dearest friends and I am honored to call her sister. Lola and I have an extremely special relationship- calling her Mom is not just an honorary title, I truly think of her as another mother. And Mike, what can I say? I love that grouchy old fighter pilot more than words can say (just kidding about the grouchy, Dad)! We grow closer and closer to Jeff and Geri and their kids every time we are together, and Geri is one of my "people" who I can really let it all go with when all the medical terminology gets me ready to scream.


This isn't even getting into all the awesome friends that we have. All our neighbors, my cousins, the folks Jason works with, everyone at Acorn School, my friends from as far back as elementary school.... the list goes on and on. Gee, I wonder if the 2 units of blood that I just got came from some extremely sentimental people? Or maybe just the fact that I am getting some oxygen to my brain for once has me thinking how happy I am to be surrounded by such excellent people. God really knew what he was doing putting us in the paths of each and every one of them.


You know, I was thinking about it. Doesn't the human body have only like 8 pints of blood in it? And is a unit of blood a pint? Well, that means that since I have had 8 units, I guess I am a whole new person. I am sure my logic is off, but I love thinking about it. Oh the possibilities!

No comments: