Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chemo Tomorrow


There have been some crazy times here at the Denton household in the last two weeks, which unfortunately have culminated in my poor Mother in Law ending up in the hospital with Bronchitis. She has been a tremendous help to us, particularly in the last 2 weeks, obviously to her own detriment! I have seen my Mom do the same thing, and I see it in myself. I suppose many of us mothers forget about our own health when the needs of our family are so great. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.


Tomorrow I am heading in for my 3rd dose of chemotherapy. I am feeling very positive that it is making a difference in the Myasthenia, and I feel confident that I am going to be strong enough tomorrow to be given the full dose of cytoxan. As some of you know, I am working on healing from the inside out. I have a wonderful woman, Lori, who has been guiding me through some processes that are going to help me to heal at a cellular level. We are using an awesome book, called The Journey by Brandon Bays.


Everyone keeps asking us what you can do to help... and if you would like to help me, please take some time tomorrow to visualize me healthy and well. Last month, I emailed this letter from Lori to many of you. I thought I would post it here, so everyone who might choose to join in the visualization might have a guide to follow.


Dear Friend/Family Member,

You have been chosen by Claire to be part of her support team for her treatment on March 21. What an honor! Claire's treatment is scheduled for 10:00am. That means about a half an hour to an hour before, around 9:00 am, we will all begin a very powerful prayer as follows:


Let your mind go back to a time when you felt a lot of love for Claire. Replay that scene in your mind until you feel the love strongly.


When you feel connected to Claire, as if you were right next to her, wrap her in a sky blue blanket of love for 30 minutes, starting at 9:00 am. The key to projecting an emotion, for it to be really "felt" by Claire, is to feel strongly connected to her while you send it. It¹s similar to being in love, feeling bonded to the person even when you are not together. It is a linking together, having a sense of connectedness that allows the emotion to be felt. Letting your mind go back to a time you felt a lot of love creates a bonded sensation, enveloping her in peace and love.


"A study at San Francisco General Hospital documented the healing power of prayer. 393 patients in the cardiac care unit were in the study. A computer divided them into two groups so that neither the doctors nor nurses knew which people were receiving prayers. Half were prayed for daily by prayer groups who only knew the first name of the patient while the other half received no prayers. Those who were prayed for used 5 times less antibiotics and had a survival rate that was 3 times better than the control group. If a drug study had these results, it would be hailed, becoming the drug of choice. This study was done by Dr. Randolph Byrd, a cardiologist." ­ - Peggy Huddleston, Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster


After the half hour, you can continue this intermittently throughout the process, so Claire feels the presence of the Presence throughout her treatment. So, Claire, the "forces" are with you, both seen and unseen. God bless you. Love and blessings to all!

No comments: