Thursday, March 27, 2008

Should have seen it coming....

Many of you know me well. I should put a poll question on here. Who thinks that Claire will start getting better and over do it? I am guessing it would be pretty much a 100% that I would. Heck. I kind of believe that I am superwoman after all. Only with a much shorter, much cuter haircut.

Today I felt so darn ecstatic that I was feeling good enough yesterday to skip the treatment, that I got all inspired and gave the kids baths, dressed them up and took them to the mall for pictures. Anyone who has ever brought their kids to the mall for photos knows that this in no small endeavor. Thank God for the power of the Happy Meal.

I am pretty sure both my hands and the kids hands are going to lose all the skin from over use of hand sanitizer. Every time a stranger coughed I was out with the wipes and sanitizer. Forget about coughing. Sent me running for the hills. lol. But it was a good day with the kids. They needed that, and so did I. Won't it be wonderful when I am just tired from going to the mall with the kids? I don't know, do regular moms get tired doing that? When you are walking in that vast arena of bargains and marble floors, all the moms sure look like they are tired.

Tomorrow is my IVIg... and I welcome it. Funny how just skipping one makes me appreciate the strength of the drug. This is intense. I am going to be well one day, folks. No matter how sick I feel or tired I am from chemo, you would have to chop my lips off to wipe the smile off my face.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Ummm, yes,MOST moms get tired taking their kid(s) to the mall. I'm sure there's a few who really feel energized afterwards and I'm willing to bet they weren't taking their kids there on their own and they had time to shop! LOL

Anonymous said...

I think you're amazing! Your spirit and strenght are awesome. I'm always rooting for you and yes, I believe you will overcome this! I have been close to tears during your journey and today, I'm smiling along with YOU! Hang in there and stay strong.

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted after an hour with my 1 year old niece!!!