Sunday, March 30, 2008

Not quite yet.

My Hero.

The sun finally shines in NH




Preparing for the Beach

Well, I really thought that things were so fantastic. They are. Kind of. I have improved. No question. In my mind, in my physical exams, I am getting better. That just makes it such a bummer when I know that I have to go back tomorrow for another unplanned IVIg. I was so hoping that skipping Wednesday would be just that, a skipped treatment. I wasn't planning on it being a postponed treatment.
The thing is, as I was saying to Jason, this is still good. We still have to stay positive. I didn't start showing symptoms until the night before I went in for my last IVIg when in the past I would have had a hard time at least a week before. That in itself is a huge stride. Keeping perspective is particularly difficult when I have seen such a huge improvement (it might not seem huge to you all, since I look "fine", but it is huge to me!). Jason and I would like to just see me jump right back into being normal. Not that we remember that all that well, but that is what we want. So any status-quo or slight improvement isn't good enough. It should be, but it isn't right now. We have fought for so hard for so long, and slight improvement isn't going to cut it.

Is it slight or is is huge? I don't know. It feels really huge, but that is the thing with MG. There are times I am FINE. Or close to fine. My version of fine? "Okay, I will leave the house today" fine. My fine is being able to not use my handicapped parking pass. Walking around the block without limping or getting out of breath. I don't know. I hate the idea of people thinking, "oh, poor them". That is just so not me, not us.

Hey, I strive for perfection, and I plan to get it. I will get it. We are on the right road, we just aren't there quite yet.

No comments: